Key Benefits of Implant Dentures Over Traditional Dentures in Victoria BC
At Postings Denture Clinics, we understand that traditional dentures aren’t for everyone. Even after refitting appointments by our expert denturists, some patients still complain of comfort issues, along with difficulties eating and speaking.
The implant denture is a great alternative that we’re happy to present patients out of our Victoria and Sidney clinics. Those who struggle with traditional dentures often experience superior comfort and function with this dental technology.
What are Implant Dentures?
While traditional dentures sit atop your gums, implant dentures are attached to your jawbone, just like natural teeth. A two-phase process is needed to position the implant. First, a dentist or oral surgeon installs custom titanium posts into your jawbone through a surgical procedure, typically performed under local anesthetic. Once everything has healed (generally after three to six months), the second phase involves securing your denture to the implant using abutments. Like their traditional counterpart, these dentures are fully removable for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Advantages of Implant Denture
- Increased stability: Since these implants are attached directly to the jawbone, they’re incredibly stable. Rather than occasionally slipping out of alignment, these dentures stay in place at all times, allowing for optimal speaking and eating.
- Prevents bone loss: An incredible advantage of implants is that they prevent bone atrophy. Traditional dentures are unable to adequately stimulate the jawbone, which causes it to resorb over time. With implant dentures, proper stimulation occurs, allowing the jawbone to retain its strength and form.
- Improved comfort: Patients agree that the implant alternative is the go-to solution when experiencing reoccurring mouth sores, irritation or pain from traditional dentures.
- Enhanced taste: Traditional dentures tend to limit your ability to taste by covering your mouth’s roof in plastic. Many patients report that the taste of their meals is heightened after switching to implant dentures.
- More like natural teeth: Patients report an improved ability to chew their meals and improved enunciation while speaking! Indeed, these dentures are believed to facilitate up to 95 per cent of a patient’s former biting ability, allowing them the freedom to enjoy a wider array of foods.
- Heightened confidence: Patients who choose implant dentures often come to us after a negative experience with traditional dentures. By undergoing this state-of-art dental surgery, they feel like themselves again, able to flash a smile, order anything on the menu and chat with friends with total ease.
Looking for Implant Dentures in Victoria?
If you’re interested in learning more about implant dentures, Postings Denture Clinics would be pleased to welcome you at either our Victoria or Sidney location. Connect with us today to book your consultation and explore our full suite of denture services.
With over 40 years experience, our clinics provide acclaimed, professional dental care you can trust.